No announcement yet.

The 2019 Webcast Viewing Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science & Visions tho. Lauren's horrible fashion choice is forgiven on account of their excellent song choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
      Science & Visions tho. Lauren's horrible fashion choice is forgiven on account of their excellent song choice.
      Exactly this. Underrated track. Glad they're still playing it. Hope they come back to LA soon. Not really feeling the new stuff, though, same as when I saw them at the Greek.

Oh shit, they brought out Macklemore DeMarshmello

Comment

• Wolfbeckett
        Wolfbeckett commented
        Editing a comment
        It's hands down my favorite track they've ever done. The fact that they still do it live is evidence that there may be a god after all.

"Guitarist wearing something on his head" is a schtick that wasn't interesting 30 years ago when it was called Buckethead and it has not become interesting in the intervening time.

Comment

• magmazing
        magmazing commented
        Editing a comment
        Well technically he's usually a DJ/Producer that wears a marshmellow head.

• Wolfbeckett
        Wolfbeckett commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, either way, it's boring. The low point of an otherwise excellent set.

• wxdude
        wxdude commented
        Editing a comment
        agree with you completely Wolf now that I saw it all

Well that's officially all that I care about, no interest in anything that's closing out the evening. It's been a pleasure experiencing Couchella with you sons of bitches. I'm glad we were able to get some solid discussion in the thread in spite of the lower traffic on the new forum. I hope you'll all still be here next year to do it again <3.

Comment

• wxdude
        wxdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here.

Chvrches are hit or miss for me in general but I'm digging the set rn (maybe cuz it's been such a light day for quality acts on the stream). I was surprised they got put in Mojave but it looks like the crowd is going off!
      Sofi Tukker was surprisingly fun, I feel like they are developing into something different and VERY marketable for festivals. I had written them off as being dumb, but it turns out they might be dumb in a fun way?
      So far Gesaffelstein was the best, followed by Lizzo.

Comment

Ariana's voice sounds solid, but the show production is definitely not as good as Beyonce's show. I mean, get some damn lights on Ariana.

Comment

• magmazing
          magmazing commented
          Editing a comment
          The Nicki Minaj guest appearance is a trainwreck.
          Last edited by magmazing; April 14th, 2019, 10:34 PM.

Well, that's all she wrote! Very fun weekend of Couchella y'all. Maybe we'll be back here next weekend seeing what else they have in store?
        Looking forward to hearing from the people who actually were out there too and getting the scoop on artists who weren't on the feed.

Comment

FVCK (in honor of missing CHVRCHES)! I fell asleep for over 4.5 hours after watching a little bit of Khalid and not feeling it. It was getting late in ET zone. I didn't see the last 3 hours of the webcast. I'll have to rewind or watch the stuff I missed on the replay.

BTW, what's up with the preponderance of vehicles/vehicle props on the stages this year? I must have seen at least 5 on the webcast, including a van for Khalid's set.
          Last edited by wxdude; April 15th, 2019, 02:49 AM.
          Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

Originally posted by electrocute View Post
            Well, that's all she wrote! Very fun weekend of Couchella y'all. Maybe we'll be back here next weekend seeing what else they have in store?
            Looking forward to hearing from the people who actually were out there too and getting the scoop on artists who weren't on the feed.
            Great chatting with you and the others on here! It takes the sting out of not being there even though the Coachella I miss is the one in the past and not really the present.

Friday's and Saturday's webcast had some decent sets. Sunday's was weak overall IMO except for a few, but the lineup for that day wasn't great to begin with. I do want to see what is streamed as "curated" content next weekend. GV and YT are also promising sets from the Yuma. I'm hoping that we can get a peek inside the Sonora as well, but I'm not counting on it.
            Last edited by wxdude; April 15th, 2019, 04:09 AM.
            Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

I guess not everyone migrated over here. RIP coachella board

Comment

Thought almost everything I saw on the livestream looked fantastic, and most of that was my "B" team that I wasn't planning on seeing live. H.E.R. stunned me, phenomenal talent. Parcels, Four Tet, Kacey, Rosalia, Paak, all extremely good. J. Balvin looked like a total party. Very excited to get out there in just a few days.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add I really and truly believe that Coachella deleted the official forum to avoid all the inevitable Ariana/N'sync bitching that would have occurred, LOL. If you would have told me 10 (or even 5) years ago that they would be on the main stage I would have laughed long and hard. But here we are in 2019 and I watched the whole thing and actually kind of enjoyed it.... still, as most others still lurking around here would agree, I really really miss the "good old days".

Comment

• glassin
                    glassin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The good ol days were in weezer on the main this year. Look how that turned out. Boomer rock didn't know how to use 2019 production.

Originally posted by electrocute View Post
                  still, as most others still lurking around here would agree, I really really miss the "good old days".
                  The world has moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by wxdude View Post
                    FVCK (in honor of missing CHVRCHES)! I fell asleep for over 4.5 hours after watching a little bit of Khalid and not feeling it. It was getting late in ET zone. I didn't see the last 3 hours of the webcast. I'll have to rewind or watch the stuff I missed on the replay.

BTW, what's up with the preponderance of vehicles/vehicle props on the stages this year? I must have seen at least 5 on the webcast, including a van for Khalid's set.
                    When is someone going to bring out The Hoff and the Knight Rider car? Does he even still attend?

Comment

Anyone got a link to download rips? Especially Polo and Pan and Lizzo.

Comment

Working...
                      X