Coachella 2020 Rumors and Confirmations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coachella 2020 Rumors and Confirmations

Even though these message boards are a ghost town, I thought I would give it a shot to bring it back. Here We Go!

CONFIRMED
    (Direct confirmation from artist, label, agency, publication, multiple trusted sources etc., headliners need more than one source)

EXPECTED (Tour dates line up extremely close to festival dates, trusted source info)
    Flume

RUMORED (Various rumors from unverifiable sources)
    Justin Timberlake
    Solomun
    Lana to co-headline....
    Last edited by M0D3Z; August 14th, 2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

tumbleweed.gif

Comment

Curious to see it JT finally gets his shot this year, or if Goldenvoice is just moving on. Separately, feels like Rihanna is due.

Comment

Seems like Lumineers, Lana, OMAM and a few others are shaping up for next year. Also Solomun.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if Goldenvoice/AEG will once again integrate legacy and established indie acts as part of the lineup in 2020 after a noticeable absence this year, as opposed to booking them for smaller niche festivals such as Just Like Heaven. Also, I'm curious what effect competition from LN's-backed Primavera Sound L.A. festival will have. Will there be contractual non-compete clauses written that prohibit acts from playing both festivals?
            Last edited by wxdude; August 2nd, 2019, 04:10 AM.
            Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

Chance the Rapper
              Timberlake
              Lana

unfortunately that’s prob as good as it’s going to get.

And there won’t be any issues with Primavera sound because of the gap between the two. I’m curious to see how soon they start announcing names though.
              Last edited by Coachella Bound; August 2nd, 2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachella Bound View Post
                there won’t be any issues with Primavera sound because of the gap between the two. I’m curious to see how soon they start announcing names though.
                For what it's worth, Primavera posted a video to to Facebook of the State Historic Park with "More Info Coming Soon" at the end. Which could very well mean absolutely nothing, but might mean this festival gets announced sooner than one would expect. I can definitely see the lineup dropping before Coachella goes on sale, just to get their name in there.

Comment

Chance the Rapper
                  Timberlake
                  Lana

unfortunately that’s prob as good as it’s going to get.

Chance with his debut album being released will give him a strong possibility.
                  I can see JT being passed on, but wouldn't be shocked if he was booked.
                  Lana I don't see as a headliner yet. Co-Headliner, maybe? She still just seems like a strong sub.

Elton John would be a good booking, but who knows where GV is going with their legacy acts.

Havent seen too much in the rumor mill. Seems the hype has not arrived as of yet for festival rumors 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by iantmcfarland View Post

For what it's worth, Primavera posted a video to to Facebook of the State Historic Park with "More Info Coming Soon" at the end. Which could very well mean absolutely nothing, but might mean this festival gets announced sooner than one would expect. I can definitely see the lineup dropping before Coachella goes on sale, just to get their name in there.
                    Unfortunately that’s Coachella’s biggest stronghold on festival season. They get to announce their lineup first. I could possibly see one Primavera headliner being announced though.

Comment

And there won’t be any issues with Primavera sound because of the gap between the two.
                      Despite the five month gap between the two festivals, I'm going to somewhat disagree with that. I think that GV and LN will want to at least protect the big acts and any exclusive 'gets" that they are booking from playing the other company's festival.
                      Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

glad we're trying to revive this forum again, not that there's anythign wrong with the inforoo one.

reading a lot flume hype? guessing he could go under 'expected'

Comment

Comment

I’m not sure that M83 releasing a follow up to 2007s Digital Shades Vol1 really warrants any possibility that they’ll tour, but it’s something. Digital Shades Vol 2 is out in September. Maybe Anthony will do a DJ set or something.

Comment

• M0D3Z
                              M0D3Z commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I wouldn't mind that in the Yuma or something.

Also, I would like GV to book more synthwave artists. A few released some albums and M83s new album might fit into that genre.

It would also be nice to see a new M83 tour template as opposed to the one that’s been in use since 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X