Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 2023 festival headliners going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the 2023 festival headliners going to be?

Now that both Coachella 2022 weekends are in the books, let the speculation begin for next year. One would hope that there's some room for improvement in the headliner department.

Will RATM and/or Frank Ocean make good on their postponement announcements and show up in 2023? Who else would be in the running? Will there be a fourth headliner waiting in the wings on the lineup poster again just in case one of the other three booked drops out?
    Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

I'm calling it right now 2020 headliners in 2023

Rage Against The Machine
    Travis Scott
    Frank Ocean

Comment

You think they are going to rehab Travis' image by that time? I think they might want to have a female performer or a female-fronted act instead.
      Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

I honestly think within a year as long as he doesn't put himself I'm any hot water, the Astro World fiasco will be a nothing more than a fyre festival memory, I also have a feeling they might double bill him with Ye to give a "Watch The Throne" style performance or like the performance Ye and Drake did at the LA Coliseum
        Last edited by Papichujoe; April 25, 2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Travis Scott Announces First Festival Performances Since Astroworld

The rapper is headlining Primavera Sound events in Chile, Argentina, and Brazil
          By Madison Bloom

April 27, 2022

After performing and DJing at two private events earlier this year, Travis Scott is slated to perform publicly for the first time since the tragic Astroworld 2021 music festival that left 10 dead and countless injured. Scott is headlining three Primavera Sound festivals in South America: He’ll perform in São Paulo, Brazil on November 6; Buenos Aires, Argentina on November 12; and Santiago, Chile on November 13.

Scott is also billed to appear at Miami’s E11even nightclub on May 7, as TMZ points out. A source close to the situation tells Pitchfork that Scott will host but will not be performing at the event.

In late March, Scott performed a brief set at a private pre-Oscars house party in Bel Air, California, as TMZ initially reported. Videos of Scott performing “Sicko Mode” at the event circulated online the following morning. The rapper also appeared at a Coachella afterparty, where he played five of his own songs during a brief DJ set in a La Quinta Venue.

Last week, Scott joined Future and 808 Mafia producer Southside on the new song “Hold That Heat.” The track marked Scott’s first widely available single since Astroworld 2021.

https://pitchfork.com/news/travis-sc...ocial_facebook

Sooooooooooooooooooooo 2023?
          Last edited by Papichujoe; April 27, 2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Daft Punk
            Frank Ocean
            RATM

Comment

Originally posted by Papichujoe View Post
              After all the trouble GV had with headliners for 2022, I personally think that they would play it safer and book someone along the lines of Tyler, The Creator or Kendrick Lamar if they want a hip-hop HL next year.

Comment

The LA Times article on April 27 in which Paul T was interviewed following the two Coachella 2022 weekends states that Billie Eilish "subbed for Ocean, who is scheduled to headline 2023."

Of course knowing Frank Ocean's track record, GV would be wise to have a Plan B HL option.
                Last edited by wxdude; April 28, 2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Sly and the Family Stone would be a great plan B.

Comment

Oh man, that Sly Stone booking in the Moajve tent in 2010 probably ranks as the most bizarre episode that I have ever witnessed at Coachella. I remember waiting patiently in the middle of an about quarter occupied Mojave, which was smaller in those days, for Sly Stone to show up. His family's band was all set up and ready to go. After an indeterminable amount of time, he finally showed up in an "altered" state (putting it mildly). He was like 25 sheets to the wind and having tremendous difficultly navigating and sitting in an office chair on the stage. The band tried to compensate and get some music played; they were good, but it was pretty much a futile effort. Sly then went on a mic-ed up rant about how his former manager, Jerry Goldstein robbed him of royalties, left him penniless, and stole the band's trademark name. I didn't know if I felt more embarrassed for Sly or for GV booking him in the first place. That performance (or whatever the hell that was) was quite symbolic of the 2010 Clusterfuckchella, which was when everything melted down organizationally.
                    Last edited by wxdude; May 2, 2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Yeah I wasn't there that year but I remember hearing all about it. Wild to see how much the festival has grown since then.

Comment

Working...
                      X