Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 2023 festival headliners going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereogum is quoting a source I haven't heard of before claiming the headliners will be:

Bad Bunny
    Blackpink
    Frank Ocean

Bad Bunny apparently held a stadium tour and an arena tour this past year? So he's a huge get. Frank Ocean is ancient by today's Coachella standards, but he's so revered and popular in Souther California that it makes sense.

Blackpink sticks out as the weakest link here, but it's not shocking to see them associated with headliner status. Although I feel like RATM would be the better option, both because I like them more and I'm pretty confident they'd bring in a bigger audience.

https://www.stereogum.com/2209733/ba...3-report/news/

Comment

So stereogum quoting Hits Daily Double is a weird source? BP is a place holder for Rihanna.

Comment

• iantmcfarland
        iantmcfarland commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did I call it weird? I called it "a source I haven't heard of before" because that's exactly what it is, and I didn't want to characterize it positively or negatively since I didn't know any better.

I just want a solid undercard. 1 or all of Chemical brothers, underworld, LCD, The editors....
      setlist.fm | last.fm | facebook | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by iantmcfarland View Post
        Stereogum is quoting a source I haven't heard of before claiming the headliners will be:

Bad Bunny
        Blackpink
        Frank Ocean

Bad Bunny apparently held a stadium tour and an arena tour this past year? So he's a huge get. Frank Ocean is ancient by today's Coachella standards, but he's so revered and popular in Souther California that it makes sense.

Blackpink sticks out as the weakest link here, but it's not shocking to see them associated with headliner status. Although I feel like RATM would be the better option, both because I like them more and I'm pretty confident they'd bring in a bigger audience.

https://www.stereogum.com/2209733/ba...3-report/news/
        The Hits Daily Double leak that Stereogum cited was spot on after al!l I'll maybe see Frank (depends on the counter-programming), but it'll be a hard pass on the others. I'm not a fan of reggaetón or K-Pop. In fact, I want to go somewhere to get away from the former. Living in Miami, I've heard more than my share of reggaetón than I care for over the past couple of decades blaring from car stereos
        Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

Originally posted by suprefan View Post
          BP is a place holder for Rihanna.
          This didn't age too well, did it Chris?

And BTW, never forget: https://www.cafepress.com/thelastgreatman

Anyone take some pictures of supre taking pictures lately?
          Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

Supre's prediction actually aged even worse than expected following confirmation that Rihanna is pregnant after she performed during that SB halftime choreographed whatever-that-shit-was.

Try again in 2024.

Comment

Working...
            X