Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy themojavetent.com forum 4th anniversary (even if everyone has abandoned ship)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy themojavetent.com forum 4th anniversary (even if everyone has abandoned ship)!

Thanks for keeping this alive, menik, just in case anyone wants to get it going again. I know message boards seem pretty much passé these days, but much of the discussion of Coachella and other music festivals is pretty much dog shit on reddit and social media. And those Coachella threads on Inforoomor...oooof!
    Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Originally posted by wxdude View Post
    Thanks for keeping this alive, menik, just in case anyone wants to get it going again. I know message boards seem pretty much passé these days, but much of the discussion of Coachella and other music festivals is pretty much dog shit on reddit and social media. And those Coachella threads on Inforoomor...oooof!
    Inforoo is definitely not as cool as the legacy Chella board, or this board (in theory)...but it's at least nice having people to talk to over there. I wish this board had flourished, but alas...

Comment

Still bitter with whomever at GV made the decision to pull the plug on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by ameeps View Post
        Still bitter with whomever at GV made the decision to pull the plug on the board.
        As am I, I loved the old coachella board. I can't do infaroo or reddit, I have found some enjoyment out of the coachella discord, it's definitely a different experience than a forum.

Comment

But yes Menik thanks for keeping it alive! I just hope that you can one day to a surprise lineup drop before anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Papichujoe View Post

As am I, I loved the old coachella board. I can't do infaroo or reddit, I have found some enjoyment out of the coachella discord, it's definitely a different experience than a forum.
            I haven't tried the discord yet. Maybe I'll give it a shot if I get a chance.
            Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

It's definitely a different experience, it's more of a "group chat" style forum so looking for older posts can be a pain but the last year that it's been active I've noticed a constant group of people, it got a bit slow in Oct/Nov/Dec but it's obviously picked up lately

Comment

Originally posted by Papichujoe View Post
                But yes Menik thanks for keeping it alive! I just hope that you can one day to a surprise lineup drop before anyone else
                That's my wish. I'm still working on making that happen one year, haha.
                https://www.themojavetent.com
                Coachella vet: 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 12.2, 13.1, 13.2, 14.1, 14.2, 15.1, 15.2, 16.1, 16.2, 17.1, 17.2, 18.1, 18.2, 19.1, 19.2

Comment

This, but you should just leak one to three random artists out at a time over several days. That will drive up forum traffic and make the desperate reddit crowd hyperventilate.

Comment

One day Menik, in the "off season I usually check in in here once every few weeks just to poke around and see what's up but December-August I'm checking this place weekly if not daily in those January-April months, but like wxdude said even if you're able to drop a headliner or single day, I think that would be a success, I mean it might crash the forum with all the traffic but what's the point of having a web forum if you don't have it crash once or twice

Comment

Hey menik, thanks for being on the ball in promptly changing the pop-up poster reference in the upper right corner to 2023! My eyes have been burning still seeing Ye as a 2022 headliner.

Comment

Working...
                      X