Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OC Register: Has the music festival bubble finally burst in Southern California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OC Register: Has the music festival bubble finally burst in Southern California?

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/16/has-the-music-festival-bubble-finally-burst-in-southern-california

Kirby agrees that there has been a cultural shift. Festivals have become more than just concerts, but rather destinations and a place for family and friends.

“I think people are more engaged in what the experience is going to be than necessarily who the artists are now,” she said. “They’re more connected to experiences and, let’s just face it, their phones. Studies have found that they’re more interested in what the experience will be. They may go there for a particular genre and for some music discovery, but they’re really going to hang out with their friends and that’s different from going to a concert because there’s a whole diversified experience and festival producers know they have to deliver on that.”
    Ugh!
    Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

I mean, this is what happens when *anything* expands beyond the scope of a small group of diehards.

Comment

People who go to festivals for the "experience" sicken me.

Okay, maybe not sicken, but seriously fuck those people. It lets festival organizers get away with booking shittier but cheaper lineups because they know it doesn't matter.

You can hang out with your friends at home, dipshits, music festivals are about the music. That's why they're called music festivals and not hanging out with your friends festivals.

Comment

Working...
      X