Glastonbury 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury 2019

Anyone else going this year? My girlfriend and I are flying to London about a week before. Spending a few days there, then doing a little road trip around the countryside before taking a coach from Bristol to the festival. Then making our way to Scotland for a few days before flying home.

Any recommendations on how to get our camping gear? We currently have Worthy View but planning to cancel and camp inside the festival proper. However...both Camplight (provides entire campsite for you) and Cosy Camper (preorder camping gear and pickup on-site) will NOT be at Glasto this year, which is frustrating. So our options seem to be taking a gamble and buying everything onsite when we arrive, shopping in Bristol the day before our coach - or similarly, ordering online and picking up in Bristol from whatever store.

Carrying all our gear onto and off the coach is another complication which the aforementioned services would have eliminated. Anyway, any veteran feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Buy your gear there, itll save you the trouble and donate it after.

Also, poster came pretty early.

Comment

I like the lineup. A bit lacking in “huge” headliners or personal bucket list acts but there will be plenty to see and I don’t want too many conflicts at this festival anyway. The Cure at Glasto will be awesome.
      Last edited by ocbruin84; March 15th, 2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Who the heck is Kylie? Or is that Kylie Minogue

And why are Interpol so low?
        Last edited by theklein25; March 15th, 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theklein25 View Post
          Who the heck is Kylie? Or is that Kylie Minogue

And why are Interpol so low?
          Its Kylie Minogue. There is only one Kylie, and they announced her a couple months ago as the sunday legends slot if you noticed.. Interpol and Snow Patrol are low, Cause theyve lost a step? Who knows, at least they could end up on smaller stages or earlier in the day so you could see them.

Lauryn Hill, Janelle and Jorja Smith will close out West Holts, so if you wanna see them youll have to hope theyre not against a pyramid headliner you wanna catch.

Miley is gonna make a shit show at pyramid and twerk for an hour covered in mud.
          Last edited by suprefan; March 15th, 2019, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Ah gotcha. Been seeing so much Kylie Jenner nonsense, it's starting to throw me off.
            This is an excellent lineup. Interpol goes from subheadlining Coachella to being below King Princess at the worlds biggest festival. Ouch

Comment

I don't want to live in a world where Kylie Minogue is on the top line and Interpol are that low.

I'm moving to the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by theklein25 View Post
                Ah gotcha. Been seeing so much Kylie Jenner nonsense, it's starting to throw me off.
                This is an excellent lineup. Interpol goes from subheadlining Coachella to being below King Princess at the worlds biggest festival. Ouch
                Phoenix went from headlining Coachella in 2013 to closing out the John Peel stage 2 months later, thats just how it goes.

Originally posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
                I don't want to live in a world where Kylie Minogue is on the top line and Interpol are that low.

I'm moving to the moon.
                Considering Kylie had to cancel in 2005 cause she had cancer and its taken this long for her return, its warranted.

Comment

Friendly Firessssss! God I hope they tour the US. I would LOVE to see Kylie too and am not surprised she is on the top line, being billed by only her first name is different though and also gave me a moment's pause.

Comment

That Sunday tea time spot is effectively the fourth headliner, ergo Kylie is the fourth name on the poster.

Barring a last-minute breakdown where I end up going to Coachella, I'm going to give the April resale a try. Anybody else planning to do that? I was thinking we could compile registration numbers in case somebody gets through.

Comment

• ameeps
                      ameeps commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I'm going for the resale. Shoot me a DM let's tag team it.

Has it really been a decade since 2009? Fuck.

Comment

Has anyone done both general camping and Worthy View? Was planning to cancel WV by the deadline Fri but having second thoughts, ugh.

Comment

The full lineup and schedule are out. It's nuts!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co....p/line-up-2019
                        Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

Holy shit... too many conflict times.

Comment

I would say at least there are the webcasts but you would have to dedicate half the year to just watching those.

Comment

Working...
                            X