Intersect Music Festival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intersect Music Festival

Not enough here to justify a $259 ticket, but damn - that is a very good start.

Hoping phase two can stay in line with this level of quality.

The only thing I would be worried about is the Taxes and Fees part. Vegas kills you with their Fees.

Comment

Just found out this festival's being put on by Amazon, which, fuck Amazon. This is a great lineup, but I'd feel guilty about paying Amazon more for this festival than they pay the IRS in federal income taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by iantmcfarland View Post
        Just found out this festival's being put on by Amazon, which, fuck Amazon. This is a great lineup, but I'd feel guilty about paying Amazon more for this festival than they pay the IRS in federal income taxes.
        I agree with you on all of that. This is a really good lineup announced so far. It is supposed to be "the intersection of music, art, and innovation," featuring "30+ musical performances, digital art installations, and interactive experiences over two days inside a custom-built environment at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds." However, it's more like the intersection of two notorious corporate behemoths, Amazon Web Services and Live Nation, and takes place just coincidentally during Amazon's annual cloud computing conference in Vegas. Also, you'll be paying more in taxes for a single pass than Amazon ever gives to the IRS.
        Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

As much distaste as I have for Amazon in general and Jeff Bezos in particular, when it comes to concerts, lineup is king. This has a few artists I really like on it but not enough. If the rest of the lineup delivers some goodness then it might be a great event but I won't be holding my breath.

Comment

I hope the tents there will be heated for the attendees. Vegas can be quite cold outdoors at night in December.
            Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1

Comment

Originally posted by wxdude View Post
              I hope the tents there will be heated for the attendees. Vegas can be quite cold outdoors at night in December.
              I've been joking with my best friend that this is all a massive scheme by Amazon to unload surplus winter coats. It's going to be f'ing freezing.

Comment

• wxdude
                wxdude commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL! Scamazon.
            Working...
            X