X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonnaroo 2021(Sept 2nd-5th)

Feels wierd to be seeing and posting about festival lineups

Comment

My overall impression of this lineup is Meh. It is a shade better than the typical hodgepodge booked for a Live Nation multi-genre festival in recent years. I think Saturday is the only day that is really appealing. Friday is a mixed bag. However, Sunday is pretty weak with a few exceptions; and Thursday looks like pregame filler. I do realize that there is going to be a reduced pool of acts available that will be ready and willing to perform and tour this fall due to the effects of the pandemic. There may also still be travel restriction hurdles for international artists as well.

There presently seems to be a lack of any specific information about measures to control the spread of COVID-19 for Bonnaroo 2021, including mask wearing, social distancing, advanced testing, and/or proof of vaccination. This is pretty concerning for a large-scale music festival in which over 90% of its attendees traditionally camp. The website just has some vague policy language and a LN boilerplate b.s. disclaimer about attendees assuming all risk for possibly getting infected:

As we approach Bonnaroo weekend (September 2-5, 2021), we will continue to update Bonnaroovians with the important information needed to plan your trip to The Farm, including any changes to policies and procedures you need to know before entering the festival and campgrounds. Updates will be shared on this page, through our social media channels and via our email list. If you haven’t already, sign up for our E-mail list to have the most current information sent directly to your inbox.

COVID-19 WARNING

We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our artists and employees. You must follow all posted instructions while attending Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.

By attending Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Help keep each other healthy.
      This doesn't exactly give me a lot of confidence if I was considering the purchase of a pass rn.
      Last edited by wxdude; April 3, 2021, 05:31 AM.
      Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1, '20 W1-NOPE, '22 W2-HOPEFULLY

Comment

Two years since the last one, yet it's the same old recycled acts. Flogging Molly for the win.

Comment

Update: Lana Del Rey, Janelle Monae, and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard have dropped off the 2021 lineup. Khruangbin and RÜFÜS DU SOL have been added. New poster:

Click image for larger version  Name:	60e7124364f0d05df5da57fc_B21-Admat-v26-p-1600.png Views:	0 Size:	728.3 KB ID:	5414
          Last edited by wxdude; July 8, 2021, 10:34 AM.
          Coachella '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 W1, '13 W1&2, '14 W1, '15 W1&2, '16 W1, '20 W1-NOPE, '22 W2-HOPEFULLY

Comment

Live Nation has adopted a screening policy for COVID vaccinations and testing that is similar to Lollapalooza.

Also, Mastodon, Zach Bryan, and Blossom have been added to the lineup.

Edit: This is the new COVID health policy, entry procedure, and mask policy:

BONNAROO 2021 ENTRY PROTOCOLS

The safety of our patrons and staff is our number one priority. As such a full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test will be required to attend Bonnaroo 2021. Bonnaroo strongly encourages vaccination. The last day to receive the second shot of Moderna or Pfizer, or a single dose of Johnson and Johnson is Thursday, August 19th.

For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of first entering Centeroo. Bonnaroo requests that unvaccinated individuals wear a mask at all times while on The Farm.

Bonnaroo 2021 Entry Procedures:
            1. Comply with the Bonnaroo Fan Health Pledge
            2. Complete the Bonnaroo Health Verification as detailed below and receive a Health Check Wristband
            3. Bring your festival wristband and a mask
            Bonnaroo Fan Health Pledge:

We ask that you not attend the festival if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
            • Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
            • Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.)
            • Within 14 days prior to attending the festival you have traveled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
            Bonnaroo Health Verification:
            • Present a valid ID AND proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test within the past 72 hours to any campground medical tent and receive a Health Check Wristband. The Health Check Wristband will allow entry into Centeroo along with your festival wristband for the duration of the festival. Both a festival wristband AND Health Check Wristband are required to gain entry into Centeroo.
            • Forgot to test, lost your vax card, or are outside of the 72-hour window? No problem. COVID-19 Rapid Antigen testing will be available at Bonnaroo at any Plaza Medical Tent for $40. Health Check Wristbands will be issued upon negative test.
            Positive Test Protocol:
            • Should someone test positive on site they will be given a second (complimentary) test for confirmation. Medical staff will notify the individual of their test status, remove their festival wristband, and provide them a pre-printed card with instructions on how to request a refund for their ticket.
            • Patrons who test positive are not allowed to remain on site and will be asked to collect their belongings and exit the site immediately.
            Based on the latest advice from the CDC, Bonnaroo will require masks in any indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status.These areas include the General Store, Plaza Barns and all enclosed activations.

‍In addition, Bonnaroo will have increased hand sanitizer stations on site, and cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high touch areas.
            Last edited by wxdude; August 11, 2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be...

After several schedule changes, artist cancellations due to the resurgence of COVID infections, and policy changes that were also COVID-related, Bonnaroo 2021 has been officially canceled for a totally different reason: waterlogged and partially flooded grounds that were soaked by heavy rainfall from former Hurricane Ida (now a tropical depression).

Here is the announcement:

We are absolutely heartbroken to announce that we must cancel Bonnaroo. While this weekend’s weather looks outstanding, currently Centeroo is waterlogged in many areas, the ground is incredibly saturated on our tollbooth paths, and the campgrounds are flooded to the point that we are unable to drive in or park vehicles safely.

We have done everything in our power to try to keep the show moving forward, but Mother Nature has dealt us a tremendous amount of rain over the past 24 hours, and we have run out of options to try to make the event happen safely and in a way that lives up to the Bonnaroo experience.

Please find ways to safely gather with your Bonnaroo community and continue to radiate positivity during this disappointing time. WE WILL SEE YOU ON THE FARM IN JUNE 2022!

All tickets purchased through Front Gate Tickets will be refunded in as little as 30 days to the original method of payment.
              Front Gate Tickets are not doing rollovers for next year; everyone who purchased tickets through them with be refunded.

Comment

I feel terrible for the roo folks. so many people were literally on planes when the news dropped. even with the refunds, they are out all that money on hotels, airfare, car rentals and everything else. really bad situation all around.

Bonnaroo did everything they could, but still, what a mess.
                setlist.fm | last.fm | facebook | twitter

Comment

What a crying shame. I wouldn't bet on 2022 Coachella, either.

Comment

That's a really negative take GPS and I've seen you repeat that here before. I'm sorry if you're feeling bummed out but it sucks to read.

Comment

I have my tickets, so I plan to go if it is on. It's just that so many people have refused to take the vaccine. It's totally frustrating. It's not like it hasn't been cancelled 3 times already. I'm ready for a Daft Punk reunion.

Comment

Working...
                      X